Deaf Aware Training is for members of the public who come into contact with hearing impaired people. Whether this is in their local community or family environment, working in Retail Outlets, Financial Establishments, Health Care Environment and Residential Homes would find the Training Sessions very valuable.
Members of Lions Clubs International would also benefit so they could help hearing impaired people in their local community. Why not become a qualified Deaf Aware Trainer. Learn more about how to do it by contacting Lion Ken Wild
Deaf Aware Training Sessions last between 2 to 3 hours. The Training Programme offers lots of opportunities for practical activities. Areas covered are shown below:-
- The causes of hearing loss
- The extent of the problem in the UK
- How to recognise those with a hearing problem
- Methods of improving communication with the hearing impaired
- Details of the Lions Hearing projects